The Heart of
Stephenie Champlin, LCSW & Regina Collins, LMFT
Join us for a one day workshop for parents, including instruction and group discussion.
Dr. John Gottman’s over 30 years of research indicates that emotionally intelligent children:
- Perform better academically
- Have fewer behavioral problems
- Have fewer infectious illnesses
- Are more emotionally stable
- Are more resilient
- Can focus attention and motivate themselves
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Learn how to recognize, respond to, and validate what your child is feeling
- Learn how to be an effective Emotion Coach using the Five Steps of Emotion Coaching with kids of any age
- Discover ways to express understanding and empathy
- Learn how to set limits and problem solve with children
EMOTION COACHING IS:
*Parenting style that has positive and long-lasting effects on children and parent/child relationships.
*5-Step process that is researched based, easy to learn and proven effective with children from infancy to adolescence.
*A skill that can be applied to many behavioral challenges and helps build life-long coping skill!
When: February 24th, 2018 9:30AM - 6:00 PM
Where: Pathways to Wellness 3505 Cadillac Ave, Suite 109, Costa Mesa, CA
Cost: $175/Person or $225/Couple Register by February 23rd 2018
Located at: Pathways to Wellness | 3505 Cadillac Ave | Suite O-109 | Costa Mesa, CA 92626 | www.pathways2wellness.com