An advanced workshop for mental health professionals
Note: This workshop is open to anyone wanting to learn skills to work with couples using the Gottman method who has completed Level 1, and it is a prerequisite for Gottman Level 3.
Dates: April 20th, 21st & 22nd 2018 August 3rd, 4th & 5th 2018 November 2nd & 4th 2018 Snacks provided, lunch on your own
Time: 9:30am - 6:00pm
Snacks provided, lunch on your own
Where: Pathways to Wellness
Call today: 714-432-9856
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: 20 CE'S AVAILABLE, PROVIDED BY R. CASSIDY AND CAN BE PURCHASED BY CLICKING HERE
Contact the office for more details on combined discounts
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel prior to three weeks before the workshop date, a full refund minus a $75 processing fee will be returned. Following the cut-off date, your fee can be applied to a future workshop.
*R. Cassidy will provide CE Credits for the following Clinicians:
Counselors: Credit requirements and approvals vary per state board regulations. Please save the course outline, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity and contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
Social Workers: Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers will receive 20.25 clinical continuing education clock hours in participating in this intermediate course. A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the program to social workers who complete the program evaluation.
Psychologists: Full attendance is required; no partial credits will be offered for partial attendance.
Marriage and Family Therapists: This activity consists of 1,215 minutes of continuing education instruction. Credit requirements and approvals vary per state board regulations. You should save this course outline, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity and contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
Other Professions: This seminar qualifies for 20.25 continuing education clock hours as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Save your course outline and certificate of completion, and contact your own board or organization for specific requirements.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
Level 2 Clinical Training : Gottman Method Couples Therapy Assessment, Intervention & Co-morbidities
Designed by Drs. John & Julie Gottman
Presented by Dr. Nancy D. Young
Certified Gottman Therapist, Trainer and Couple's Workshop Leader
Learn to integrate very accessible, applied, research based methods to maximize your competence and inspire transformation in your couples. In this three-day workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to help understand couples’ struggles using new research-based assessments and effective interventions
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
Clinicians who take this workshop will:
Become skilled in using the 550-page Level 2 Gottman Clinical Manual which now includes revised Core Assessments, Supplemental Assessments and more than 50 Gottman Interventions to use with clients immediately.
Know when to use the different interventions and when couples therapy is contra-indicated.
Gain confidence with the interventions through viewing new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office, in-class discussions, and practice.
Interventions will include:
- Basics of Observation & Assessment – Sessions 1, 2, 3 Core
- Assessment Questionnaire Intervention
- Managing Conflict
- Strengthening Friendship and Romance
- Minimizing Relapse
- Co-Morbidities & contra-indications for couples therapy will include: Case studies in PTSD, Affairs, DV, Depression, Addictions and demonstration films.
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile.”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen.”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding.
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in their interactions.
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement appropriate interventions for five different co-morbidities commonly found in couples, using Gottman Couples Therapy Assessment and Intervention
Who Should Attend?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples’ therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
About the Presenter:
Dr. Young is a seasoned, active Gottman Method therapist, speaker, and presenter, with over 35 years’ experience as a full-time therapist, working with individuals and couples and their relationships. Her doctoral dissertation research was on types of romantic love. In addition to her psychotherapy practice, Dr. Young taught undergraduate and graduate classes, such as: Interpersonal Relationships & Romantic Love, Human Sexuality, Sexual Disorders & Treatment, Substance Disorders & Treatment, and other general psychology topics, at Chapman University for over 20 years. She is also a CAMFT-Certified Supervisor and is passionate about teaching others how to integrate the Gottman tools with their own clients. As a presenter, she is warm, clear, insightful, and generally entertaining.